What is Distance Learning?
We can define distance learning, or correspondence education, as a form of education where there is physical distance between the student and the instructor. This definition of distance learning implies that the student does not attend traditional classes or lectures, but is free to study from a location of his or her choice. Correspondence education can incorporate self-study, virtual or online learning, assistance from instructors via instant messaging/telephone/e-mail, as well as written assignments and examinations.
What are the advantages?
There are many benefits or advantages to distance learning. Some of these include the following:
- It increases access to education.
- Students can study from home. They do not need to travel to classes, or relocate in order to be closer to campus.
- It gives people the opportunity to work and study at the same time. It is not necessary to give up a full-time job in order to study via correspondence.
- Students can determine the pace at which they study. They need not be held back by other students, nor pressured by lecturers or fellow students.
- Students can choose from a wider variety of courses, as they are not limited to courses that are offered by institutions that are situated within travelling distance.
- The distractions and temptations that come with campus life are absent.
- It is often more affordable to study via correspondence than to enroll for attendance-based courses.
- You can study from anywhere in South Africa
Where can I study via Distance Learning?
With the major technological developments that have taken place, communication methods have become much quicker, simpler and more accessible.
If you are looking for a leading correspondence college in South Africa, Taal-Net Training Institute is your answer.
Why should I choose Taal-Net Training Institute?
- Taal-Net Training Institute is an accredited provider of distance learning courses in South Africa.
- We send your study material to you via courier and postage is inclusive.
- The cost of your study material is included in your course fee. We do not send out additional lists of prescribed textbooks.
- We assign each student to a course expert, who will be available to provide study assistance via telephone, e-mail, and sms
- Our course experts are experts in their fields.
- We give our students the option to pay their fees in full upfront, or to pay in monthly instalments.
Is Distance Learning a good choice for me?
While there are many advantages to studying via distance learning, this form of education is better suited to some people than to others. Distance learning could be the right choice for you if:
- You are looking for a study option that offers flexibility.
- You are self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- You have good time management skills.
- You can work independently.
- You enjoy working at your own pace and setting your own goals.
- You can resist distractions.
- You have good reading and communication skill
Taal Net Offers Distance Learning
Taal-Net Training Institute offers a large selection of courses in different fields, these courses include:-
- NC in Electrical Engineering- Heavy Current
- NC in Electrical Engineering – Light Current
- NC in Mechanical Engineering – Motor and Diesel
- NC in Electrical Engineering – Fitting and Turning
- NC in Electrical Engineering Boiler Making
- NC in Electrical Engineering Millwright
- NC in Electrical Engineering Civil Engineering
- ND in Electrical Engineering - Heavy current
- ND in Electrical Engineering – Light current
- ND in Mechanical Engineering
- ND in Civil Engineering
We also offer Matric rewrite, Business courses and Technical Matric (Re-write only)
N1 - N3 - R 1 430 per subject plus R 500.00 registration fee.
N4 – N6 - R 1 650 per subject plus R 500.00 registration fee.
For you to obtain a certificate you are required to do a minimum of four (4) subjects.